We are recruiting a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for an Office Manager role. This is part-time permanent post based in Tileyard near King’s Cross, London, to help us grow and expand the work we offer (note: hours negotiable, but ideally looking for 1-2 hours/day, 4-5 days/week).
- Organising meetings and managing databases
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Organising attendance at company events and conferences
- Monitoring office stationery and kitchen supplies, and replenishing stock
- Dealing with correspondence and queries, answering phones
- Preparing letters, and proofing and formatting presentations, proposals and reports
- Managing office budgets, petty cash and incentives for project work
- Organising induction programmes for new employees
- Supporting on other admin tasks for project work (e.g. preparing research packs, filing, etc.)
- Ensuring that health and safety, and fire safety policies are up to date and that staff are trained
- Assisting the organisation’s HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and tracking annual leave
- Implementing, maintaining and documenting procedures/office administrative systems
- Using a range of software packages
- Attending meetings with senior management
- Supporting staff, client and collaborator relationships
- Other admin or PA duties (e.g. watering plants, Christmas/birthday cards, etc.)
- Contributing to the growth of Aquarius and achieving our business goals
- Prior experience as an Office Manager
- Fluency in English (written/oral) essential
Competitive and negotiable based on qualifications and experience. We offer ongoing personal and professional development and other benefits.
How to apply
To apply, please download the Office Manager (ADM1) job description for the complete details of the position. Then submit your cv and cover letter online with the reference ADM1. Please name your file First Initial(s) Surname_letter, e.g. A Markov_letter. In your cover letter, please detail:
- Why you are the right person for the job, and specifically describe how you meet each item on the list of experience and skills.
- When you would be able to start.
- How you heard about the position.
This cover letter is an essential part of the selection process to help us understand if you are the right person for the job. If you do not include it and answer the above points, you will not be considered for the job.
To discuss the role, please ring Elisabeth on 0207 993 2930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are considering candidates on a rolling basis with opportunities to start immediately.