We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic individual for a Consultant role, specialising in health economics and economic modelling. This is a full- or part-time permanent post based in our offices in Tileyard, near Kings Cross, and the person will be responsible for leading on our health economics projects and growing that team. This exciting opportunity would suit someone with strong analytical and technical skills, who is ready to take on a leadership role within an innovative company and to help shape Aquarius Population Health’s strategy and growth.
- Lead, plan, design and conduct original health research
- Lead on health economic modelling activities, including development of CEA, CBA and CUA, decision analyses, costing studies, budget impact models, return on investment models, etc.
- Lead on data analysis projects including conducting analyses of large datasets
- Lead on development and deployment of our decision tools, including model integration and front-end design, in collaboration with our creative designers and user experience experts
- Support on other health economic and research/consultancy activities
- Oversee reviews and evidence synthesis to feed into economic and other analyses
- Lead on project planning and delivery including day-to-day management, working on multiple projects against tight deadlines, leading the internal team and external collaborators/clients
- Lead on proposals, grant applications, peer-reviewed journal articles, HTA submissions, reports and presentations
- Develop strategy and an implementation plan to develop the health economics team and offering
- Recruit, manage and train junior staff
- Present findings to clients/collaborators and external audiences
- Lead and manage client/collaborator relationships and ensure client satisfaction
- Identify new areas of growth for Aquarius, lead on achieving our business goals
- Acquire new clients and collaborators, and generate new revenue for Aquarius
- Actively participate in professional and networking events to build our client and collaborator network
- Develop our internal resources and knowledge base
- PhD in Health Economics, Economic Modelling, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related quantitative field, or MSc with equivalent experience
- Previous and proven post-graduate experience
- Fluency in English (written/oral) essential
Very competitive and negotiable based on qualifications and experience, with a company pension scheme and an ability to share in the success of the company through a reward scheme. We offer ongoing personal and professional development and other benefits.
How to apply
To apply, please download the Consultant – Health Economist job description for the complete details of the position. Then submit your cv and cover letter online with the reference HE9. Please name your file First Initial(s) Surname_letter or First Initial(s) Surname_cv, e.g. A Markov_letter, A Markov_cv
In your cover letter, please detail:
- Why you are the right person for the job, and specifically describe how you meet each item on the list of experience and skills.
- When you would be able to start.
- How you heard about the position.
This cover letter is an essential part of the selection process to help us understand if you are the right person for the job. If you do not include it and answer the above points, you will not be considered for the job.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role before applying, please contact our Managing Director, Elisabeth on +44 (0)207 993 2930 or email her at email@example.com.
This position is currently open and we are looking for the right person to start immediately.